Welcome to the MPLC's Online Insurance Portal
This portal will facilitate your access to the Insurance Product and Clinical Risk Management and Educational Support resources associated with Marsh Shield.
Marsh Shield is a Medical Malpractice Liability Insurance Product specifically designed for Doctors in Hong Kong. This exclusive product has been developed in conjunction with the Medical Professional Liability Company (MPLC), a leading global Healthcare Underwriting Intermediary, and MedPro Group (MEDPRO), A Berkshire Hathaway owned Healthcare Liability Insurance leader.
- Claim Data Analysis
KEY AREAS OF RISK
Marsh has identified the following key benefits of Marsh Shield:
- Protection for Doctors backed by a contractual arrangement giving increased certainty.
- High quality cover at very competitive pricing levels.
- Occurrence cover removes uncertainty over future coverage and cost following cessation of practice.
- Flexibility of limits allows Doctors to purchase cover from HK$50 Million to HK$150 Million, allowing Doctors to select cover appropriate to their own exposure, minimizing unnecessary costs.
- Public Liability cover also included for accidents at the doctor’s premises.
- Insurance provider, Pembroke Syndicate 4000 operates within Lloyd’s of London where the market rating is A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, AA- (Very Strong) by Fitch, and A+ (Strong) by Standard & Poor's
- Local Hong Kong based, 24/7 claims expertise to provide support in the event of an incident.
- The support of a specialist service team to provide expert care throughout the time span of your cover.
- Clinical risk management and educational support provided by experts in patient safety and risk prevention.
- Supported by one of the world’s largest healthcare liability insurers, providing access to unrivalled benchmarking data and specialist risk management support.
- Online portal allows doctors to obtain quotations outside of office hours while also providing expert support teams for telephone or face to face support if desired.
Who is MPLC?
The MPLC is an underwriting intermediary licensed in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commissions (License number: FSC00659B) specializing in underwriting Medical Malpractice liability risks on behalf of certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s of London. The management and underwriting team of The MPLC has extensive experience of supporting doctors and hospital groups across the world, including the management of large and complex medical malpractice claims.
Who is MEDPRO?
MedPro Group, a Berkshire Hathaway company, has protected the assets and reputations of the healthcare community since 1899. With over $1 billion (USD) in annual premium and more than 200,000 clients, MedPro is a global leader in insurance, claims and patient safety & risk solutions for medical professionals, other healthcare professionals, hospitals and facilities.